Honey and Soy Chicken with Beansprouts
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 8 Manor Farm Chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp Clear honey
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tbsp Sweet cherry
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 Fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100 g Baby corn cobs
- 8 g Spring onions, sliced
- 150 g bean sprouts
- Mix together the honey, soy sauce, Chinese five spice powder, sherry and garlic.
- Using a sharp knife make three slashes in the skin of each chicken thigh. Brush honey and soy marinade over the chicken thighs, cover and leave to stand for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the sunflowers oil in a wok, add the chicken thighs and cook over a high heat, turning frequently for 12 – 15 minutes, or until the chicken browns and the skin begins to crisp. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon.
- Add diced chilli, corn cobs, spring onion and bean sprouts to the wok and stir fry for 5 minutes. Return chicken to the wok and mix all of the ingredients together until completely cooked through.
- Transfer to serving plates and serve immediately with rice or noodles.