Chicken with Pasta, Rocket and Pine Nuts
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 2 Manor Farm chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp Pine nuts
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Whole grain mustard
- 150 ml Cream
- 125 g Wild rocket leafs
- 4 tsp Chilli oil or olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Parmesan shavings
- 225 g Pasta
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Toast the pine nuts in a frying pan over a medium heat. Set aside to cool.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to a frying pan, sauté onions, garlic and thyme and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until softened. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the frying pan, followed by the chicken strips and cook on one side for 2 – 3 minutes, season lightly with salt and pepper, turn oven chicken and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Return onion mixture to the pan, stir in mustard and cream and gently simmer. Cook for 1 minute; do not allow mixture to boil. Add rocket leaves and pine nuts.
- Drain pasta and add to chicken mixture. Serve on warmed plates drizzle with garlic or chilli oil, garnish with parmesan shavings.