Chicken & Broccoli Bake
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 6 Manor Farm chicken breast fillets
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 350 ml cream
- 100 g roux (50g butter, 50g flour cooked for 2 – 3 minutes)
- 1 large head of broccoli, divided into florets
- 15 g butter
- 50 g mature cheddar cheese
- 130 g breadcrumbs
- Place the chicken if using raw chicken breast fillets into a saucepan with chicken stock, bring slowly to boil, simmer for approx 20 minutes.
- Remove cooked chicken breasts from cooking liquid; add water to cooking liquid to make up to 600ml again.
- Add cream, bring to boil and whisk in the roux to form a think sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Chop the cooked chicken into chunks or strips.
- Cook the broccoli in water until tender, drain. Stir in the diced chicken and broccoli into the sauce, season to taste.
- Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Melt butter and add breadcrumb and cheese, spread over chicken and sauce and cook in the oven for 180oC/350oF/Gas Mark 4 for 20 minutes until bubbling. Serve with jacket potatoes.